You will need to submit the following documents, so start well in advance to collect them:
- Passport photo
- Copy of your passport (or other official identification proof for EEA students)
- “Europass” CV
- Motivation letter (may be as submitted in your Application Form)
- Legalized copy of your Higher Education (Bachelor/Master) Degree: original + certified English translation
- Legalized copy of your Higher Education (Bachelor/Master) Transcript of Records: original + certified English translation
- English Language Certificate
- Other documentation you deem relevant
Legalisation of Documents
This can be a very long and time-consuming process, please start it well in advance!
In order to ascertain the authenticity of your Diploma and Transcript of Records, we need to receive duly legalized copies of these documents. Please carefully read the information on the Ghent University website about the legalization methods per country and how to get your documents correctly legalized.
The legalisation method depends on the country where the diploma was issued (check the list of countries per legalisation method on the Ghent University website):
- Belgian Embassy: Foreign Affairs: legalisation.
- Certified Copy: The country where your diploma was issued has a special agreement with Belgium and you are therefore required to submit a copy taken of the original primary document by a qualified official who guarantees its authenticity as a true copy. More information about certified copies can be found on the Ghent University website.